Dioaquatics 75g Community Tank

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
DarkOne said:
You're using the yolk from a hard boiled egg, right? When I used it, I kept it in a small tupperware cup and broke of a tiny pinch each time for feeding. I put the pinch in a small cup with tank water and use a dropper to spot feed. This usually lasts for the day (2-4 feedings per day). Some just drop a crumb into the tank near the fry (or in the fry container).
Yea hard boiled egg yolk. Awesome thanks! So I’m going to do that today and feed them egg yolk. Did you refrigerate the yolk/tank water mix or just fed it all at that time?

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DioAquatics said:
Yea hard boiled egg yolk. Awesome thanks! So I’m going to do that today and feed them egg yolk. Did you refrigerate the yolk/tank water mix or just fed it all at that time?
I mixed about 10ml of tank water with a pinch of yolk and used a dropper to spot feed. I left the 10ml solution next to the tank for later feedings. I put the egg yolk in the fridge.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Egg yolk fed to the silvertip fry. Only fed a tiny pinch in the tank with the plant tongs and I mixed it around in the water. It went everywhere so I’m hoping the fry get to it. I sat and watched for a few minutes but I didn’t see anything so I left them alone in hopes they’ll come out and eat after I leave

Hyzenthlay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DioAquatics said:
So I decided to start this thread to share pictures of my tanks, fish, and inverts with you all. Thanks to the many great members of this forum, I've been able to learn so much about the hobby and progress so much more than when I first started. I honestly can say that this is my favorite hobby, no matter how time/money consuming it is. The end result is always very rewarding. I hope on keeping this thread open and update you guys on the progress of my tanks and fish. Enjoy the pictures everyone

Here are some pictures of my Bolivian Ram. I don't usually name my fish but I've decided to name him Happy cuz of the adorable little smile he has on his face. It's still kinda small, maybe like an inch and a half to an inch and three fourths. If anyone can sex it for me that would be cool.
View attachment 195803 View attachment 195806 View attachment 195807 View attachment 195808
This is my favorite picture of Happy.
View attachment 195809

This is my first Swordtail, I'm not sure what type it is, maybe a koi or painted sword? He's absolutely lovely with the contrast of the black and red/orange.
View attachment 195810 View attachment 195811

And this is the smaller of my 2 Amano Shrimp. I added these guys to my tank today. The larger one is maybe an inch and a fourth of an inch. The smaller is about an inch. This is my first time ever having amano shrimp.
View attachment 195814
Happy is adorable!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom