Dioaquatics 10 gallon Betta Tank

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
Cool! Thanks as well for the condolences. Yes that is definitely going to be my plan for this tank 2 peas and 2 ottos. The big sword leaves will give the ottos great cover and the tank is a mix of natural pea gravel and sand as well as good size piece of driftwood and with the pea puffers being little blimps i don't think they will be able to cath the little algae cleaning missles :) Here is the 8.8
Looks like a perfect tank for some pea puffers! I’m sure they’ll do just fine with the otos in there with them

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry you lost your betta. :-(

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
Sorry you lost your betta. :-(
Thanks. It sucks because I have no idea why, he was acting totally fine the night before. Maybe I'll make this tank a nano species only tank or something

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So I went to Aquatic Experience this weekend and bought myself 2 tissue cultures of dwarf hair grass. I basically got one for free, they were 1 for $8 but the guy gave me 2 for $10. One of them went to my 12 gallon bowl. The other went to this tank. Hopefully it’ll grow well in here and the extra plants will stop the algae growth. Let’s just see in a few months.

FishGirly

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’ve been following you thread. I really love your tanks.

Also, I noticed you’re trying to get the algae controlled. I have been struggling with algae as well, and I noticed that floating plants help a lot. It got rid of mine.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FishGirly said:
I’ve been following you thread. I really love your tanks.

Also, I noticed you’re trying to get the algae controlled. I have been struggling with algae as well, and I noticed that floating plants help a lot. It got rid of mine.
Thanks for following.

I’ve tried floating plants in this tank before, unfortunately it didn’t work out for me. I’m hoping that having a lot more rooted plants absorbs the extra nutrients and gets that algae under control.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sad update for this thread. Like I mentioned a while back, my betta passed and I haven’t gotten anything to put in the tank since. The plants aren’t growing well and it’s still an algae farm. Unfortunately I’m going to be breaking this tank down and retiring it for a while :( I may set it back up sometime in the future but as of now, it’s not doing well at all and it’ll be one less tank I have to maintain.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom