Dioaquatics 10 gallon Betta Tank

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've been missing alerts to this thread!

I love the buddah and the tank is not a hot piece of garbage, it makes me feel...peaceful lol. Keep posting photos!

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
I've been missing alerts to this thread!

I love the buddah and the tank is not a hot piece of garbage, it makes me feel...peaceful lol. Keep posting photos!
That's happened to me also with a couple threads on here. Not sure why

Thank you! The buddha statue is my favorite piece of non "natural" decor that I have. Oh goodness no, all that hair algae looks disgusting lol. I really want to start this tank over again and just put a boat load of plants in it

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KingD said:
That's happened to me also with a couple threads on here. Not sure why

Thank you! The buddha statue is my favorite piece of non "natural" decor that I have. Oh goodness no, all that hair algae looks disgusting lol. I really want to start this tank over again and just put a boat load of plants in it
Wanna borrow a SAE for a week?

:woot:

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
Wanna borrow a SAE for a week?

:woot:
I was actually thinking of taking one of the SAE in my 75 gallon and putting it in here for a while to eat up. But I'm afraid the pea puffers will bully the SAE. Those little guys can be jerks lol

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My SAEs are so spoiled that they no longer eat algae. I took a tuft of BBA from my shellie tank and offered it to one of them to see if they'd eat it...and they didn't. Cheeks did though haha. :hilarious:

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You need to stop feeding them for a few days. They'll eventually eat algae when there's no other food source. Mine are pigs so I see them eating algae even though I overfeed my tanks.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
You need to stop feeding them for a few days. They'll eventually eat algae when there's no other food source. Mine are pigs so I see them eating algae even though I overfeed my tanks.
Mine usually eat the veggies I put in the tank for the plecos so they've done little to no work on the BBA I have lol

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My SAEs love zucchini. I have more zucchini poop from my SAEs than from my plecos.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
My SAEs love zucchini. I have more zucchini poop from my SAEs than from my plecos.
You and I both lol

PonzLL

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Weird I never saw this one. Neat tank and that stone looking decoration in the middle rules

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So, do ya'll think that once all the bba is gone in a tank, it is safe to remove the SAEs? The reason I ask is that I want to move the 2 in my 40b to my 125g, where I will likely never catch them again, lol. If BBA breaks out again in the 40b, I will have to just buy a couple more. I have one lonely SAE in the 125g that needs buddies and the 2 in the 40b are just not as active as the ones in larger tanks (75 and 125).

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
So, do ya'll think that once all the bba is gone in a tank, it is safe to remove the SAEs? The reason I ask is that I want to move the 2 in my 40b to my 125g, where I will likely never catch them again, lol. If BBA breaks out again in the 40b, I will have to just buy a couple more. I have one lonely SAE in the 125g that needs buddies and the 2 in the 40b are just not as active as the ones in larger tanks (75 and 125).
SAEs might be quick but they're not very bright. I finally moved my lone 4" SAE from my 20 gallon long to my 75 gallon last night with a 4" net in about 5 mins. Once cornered, he just swam into the net . I had my 8" net ready but it wasn't needed.

The soda bottle trap works really well for my SAEs. They're always the first ones I catch.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
I would assume it’s safe to take them from the 40b to the 125. Like you said, if you get bba again you can just get a couple more SAE to take care of it

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The puffer tank is starting to look more like a jungle now! DarkOne gave me a bunch of anacharis when we met up for the Aquatic Experience and I’m super thankful! Now the background is anacharis on the left, bacopa in the middle, and jungle vals I pulled from the 75 on the right.
Honestly I love how the anacharis looks and if it grows as fast as everyone says it does, the entire background will be replaced with it. I left some of it floating so I can see how it grows like that. Once it grows more, my sister wants to put some of it in her betta tank (yes my sister has a fish too lol). I also floated the small sword that Lchi87 gave me. How big does this sword get Lchi?
I still want to add driftwood to this tank and paint the background black so instead of taking this tank apart, I’ll just buy a new 10 gallon, customize it like I did this one and move everything over to the new tank.
782DB05C-6790-40C5-8A57-3DA0E5BA74DC.jpeg

One of the 2 puffer girls, this is Bubbles, the smaller of the 2.
89A71BB5-8549-48CC-85BD-59194D5790E7.jpeg

Oh, and yes those are small red solo shot cups holding the light up lol. I needed to elevate the light some more so I can reduce the hair algae growth, seems to be working so far.

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its an ozelot sword! My biggest leaves grew to a little over 8 inches. I noticed growth was a little slower with this species compared to my regular amazon swords... I love the little purple spots on the leaves so its worth the wait to grow out.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
Its an ozelot sword! My biggest leaves grew to a little over 8 inches. I noticed growth was a little slower with this species compared to my regular amazon swords... I love the little purple spots on the leaves so its worth the wait to grow out.
Awesome thanks! I might just make some room and pop this little guy into my 75 gallon I can already see the little red/purple spots on it! I love it! Do you have a picture of yours that I could see?

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
KingD said:
Awesome thanks! I might just make some room and pop this little guy into my 75 gallon I can already see the little red/purple spots on it! I love it! Do you have a picture of yours that I could see?
Its actually not doing well at the moment lol. Ever since it started sending off babies, the older leaves died off and stopped growing. I’ll see if I can find an old photo.

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
Its actually not doing well at the moment lol. Ever since it started sending off babies, the older leaves died off and stopped growing. I’ll see if I can find an old photo.
I heard that when a sword sends off runners, it just means it's comfortable in the tank but some of the leaves on the mother plant will die off.

Lchi87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
KingD said:
I heard that when a sword sends off runners, it just means it's comfortable in the tank but some of the leaves on the mother plant will die off.
I probably only have 4 good leaves left I trimmed off the stalk in hopes that it would stop depleting its leaves to feed the stalk. We’ll see if that helps. Even if I lose this one, I kept a baby for myself just in case lol.
Here’s an old photo: ozelot sword on the far left.
71037EB9-10A2-450F-A803-E596E27D3295.jpeg

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KingD said:
I read one trick to get swords to grow runners is to black out the tank for a couple of days.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom