Dioaquatics 10 gallon Betta Tank

  • Moderator

Lchi87

Moderator
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
10,472
Points
763
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've been missing alerts to this thread!

I love the buddah and the tank is not a hot piece of garbage, it makes me feel...peaceful lol. Keep posting photos!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
I've been missing alerts to this thread!

I love the buddah and the tank is not a hot piece of garbage, it makes me feel...peaceful lol. Keep posting photos!
That's happened to me also with a couple threads on here. Not sure why

Thank you! The buddha statue is my favorite piece of non "natural" decor that I have. Oh goodness no, all that hair algae looks disgusting lol. I really want to start this tank over again and just put a boat load of plants in it
 

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
6,173
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
KingD said:
That's happened to me also with a couple threads on here. Not sure why

Thank you! The buddha statue is my favorite piece of non "natural" decor that I have. Oh goodness no, all that hair algae looks disgusting lol. I really want to start this tank over again and just put a boat load of plants in it
Wanna borrow a SAE for a week?

:woot:
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
Wanna borrow a SAE for a week?

:woot:
I was actually thinking of taking one of the SAE in my 75 gallon and putting it in here for a while to eat up. But I'm afraid the pea puffers will bully the SAE. Those little guys can be jerks lol
 
  • Moderator

Lchi87

Moderator
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
10,472
Points
763
Experience
5 to 10 years
My SAEs are so spoiled that they no longer eat algae. I took a tuft of BBA from my shellie tank and offered it to one of them to see if they'd eat it...and they didn't. Cheeks did though haha. :hilarious:
 

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
6,173
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
You need to stop feeding them for a few days. They'll eventually eat algae when there's no other food source. Mine are pigs so I see them eating algae even though I overfeed my tanks.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
You need to stop feeding them for a few days. They'll eventually eat algae when there's no other food source. Mine are pigs so I see them eating algae even though I overfeed my tanks.
Mine usually eat the veggies I put in the tank for the plecos so they've done little to no work on the BBA I have lol
 

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
6,173
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
My SAEs love zucchini. I have more zucchini poop from my SAEs than from my plecos.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
My SAEs love zucchini. I have more zucchini poop from my SAEs than from my plecos.
You and I both lol
 

PonzLL

Well Known Member
Messages
1,299
Reaction score
1,467
Points
208
Experience
3 years
Weird I never saw this one. Neat tank and that stone looking decoration in the middle rules
 

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,412
Reaction score
5,258
Points
598
Experience
5 to 10 years
So, do ya'll think that once all the bba is gone in a tank, it is safe to remove the SAEs? The reason I ask is that I want to move the 2 in my 40b to my 125g, where I will likely never catch them again, lol. If BBA breaks out again in the 40b, I will have to just buy a couple more. I have one lonely SAE in the 125g that needs buddies and the 2 in the 40b are just not as active as the ones in larger tanks (75 and 125).
 

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
6,173
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
So, do ya'll think that once all the bba is gone in a tank, it is safe to remove the SAEs? The reason I ask is that I want to move the 2 in my 40b to my 125g, where I will likely never catch them again, lol. If BBA breaks out again in the 40b, I will have to just buy a couple more. I have one lonely SAE in the 125g that needs buddies and the 2 in the 40b are just not as active as the ones in larger tanks (75 and 125).
SAEs might be quick but they're not very bright. I finally moved my lone 4" SAE from my 20 gallon long to my 75 gallon last night with a 4" net in about 5 mins. Once cornered, he just swam into the net . I had my 8" net ready but it wasn't needed.

The soda bottle trap works really well for my SAEs. They're always the first ones I catch.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
tfreema said:
So, do ya'll think that once all the bba is gone in a tank, it is safe to remove the SAEs? The reason I ask is that I want to move the 2 in my 40b to my 125g, where I will likely never catch them again, lol. If BBA breaks out again in the 40b, I will have to just buy a couple more. I have one lonely SAE in the 125g that needs buddies and the 2 in the 40b are just not as active as the ones in larger tanks (75 and 125).
I would assume it’s safe to take them from the 40b to the 125. Like you said, if you get bba again you can just get a couple more SAE to take care of it
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
The puffer tank is starting to look more like a jungle now! DarkOne gave me a bunch of anacharis when we met up for the Aquatic Experience and I’m super thankful! Now the background is anacharis on the left, bacopa in the middle, and jungle vals I pulled from the 75 on the right.
Honestly I love how the anacharis looks and if it grows as fast as everyone says it does, the entire background will be replaced with it. I left some of it floating so I can see how it grows like that. Once it grows more, my sister wants to put some of it in her betta tank (yes my sister has a fish too lol). I also floated the small sword that Lchi87 gave me. How big does this sword get Lchi?
I still want to add driftwood to this tank and paint the background black so instead of taking this tank apart, I’ll just buy a new 10 gallon, customize it like I did this one and move everything over to the new tank.
782DB05C-6790-40C5-8A57-3DA0E5BA74DC.jpeg


One of the 2 puffer girls, this is Bubbles, the smaller of the 2.
89A71BB5-8549-48CC-85BD-59194D5790E7.jpeg


Oh, and yes those are small red solo shot cups holding the light up lol. I needed to elevate the light some more so I can reduce the hair algae growth, seems to be working so far.
 
  • Moderator

Lchi87

Moderator
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
10,472
Points
763
Experience
5 to 10 years
Its an ozelot sword! My biggest leaves grew to a little over 8 inches. I noticed growth was a little slower with this species compared to my regular amazon swords... I love the little purple spots on the leaves so its worth the wait to grow out.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
Its an ozelot sword! My biggest leaves grew to a little over 8 inches. I noticed growth was a little slower with this species compared to my regular amazon swords... I love the little purple spots on the leaves so its worth the wait to grow out.
Awesome thanks! I might just make some room and pop this little guy into my 75 gallon I can already see the little red/purple spots on it! I love it! Do you have a picture of yours that I could see?
 
  • Moderator

Lchi87

Moderator
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
10,472
Points
763
Experience
5 to 10 years
KingD said:
Awesome thanks! I might just make some room and pop this little guy into my 75 gallon I can already see the little red/purple spots on it! I love it! Do you have a picture of yours that I could see?
Its actually not doing well at the moment lol. Ever since it started sending off babies, the older leaves died off and stopped growing. I’ll see if I can find an old photo.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
4,439
Points
448
Experience
More than 10 years
Lchi87 said:
Its actually not doing well at the moment lol. Ever since it started sending off babies, the older leaves died off and stopped growing. I’ll see if I can find an old photo.
I heard that when a sword sends off runners, it just means it's comfortable in the tank but some of the leaves on the mother plant will die off.
 
  • Moderator

Lchi87

Moderator
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
10,472
Points
763
Experience
5 to 10 years
KingD said:
I heard that when a sword sends off runners, it just means it's comfortable in the tank but some of the leaves on the mother plant will die off.
I probably only have 4 good leaves left I trimmed off the stalk in hopes that it would stop depleting its leaves to feed the stalk. We’ll see if that helps. Even if I lose this one, I kept a baby for myself just in case lol.
Here’s an old photo: ozelot sword on the far left.
71037EB9-10A2-450F-A803-E596E27D3295.jpeg
 

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,097
Reaction score
6,173
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
KingD said:
I heard that when a sword sends off runners, it just means it's comfortable in the tank but some of the leaves on the mother plant will die off.
I read one trick to get swords to grow runners is to black out the tank for a couple of days.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom