Dioaquatics’ Fishroom

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JLeeM said:
I'm not real big on swordtails, but these are kind of interesting. That pleco though, I'm loving it.
They're one of the most interesting looking swords I've ever kept. That pleco is my absolute favorite pleco I've ever owned. I can't wait till I can put it in my 75g

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
@coralbandit I GOT ALPHA FRY!
I was doing water changes and I caught a quick glimpse of something small and black. It’s a black fry! Looking at it, it’s gotta be about a couple weeks old because it’s pretty big already and has color. I investigated even more and found some tiny fry. Like they must have been born within the last couple days. They didn’t even have color to them!
Here’s the older fry, if colors go by sex, this would be a baby female since it’s black.

Here’s the tiny colorless fry. You can barely see it in the center of the picture but it’s there. I think I have a few of them in the tank so I’m super excited.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice !
The color could be either sex but it seems my line has mostly the black females and super red males.
Out of all my breeding only 1 black male so far .
Rich Candy a livebearer guy said my ratio of color and sex is the breeders optimum ...
Glad to see you have fry !

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
coralbandit said:
Nice !
The color could be either sex but it seems my line has mostly the black females and super red males.
Out of all my breeding only 1 black male so far .
Rich Candy a livebearer guy said my ratio of color and sex is the breeders optimum ...
Glad to see you have fry !
I'll makes sure to keep and eye out to see which sex the different colors come out as. I thin it'd be pretty cool to have black males and super red females too. If I get any like that, they'll go into a separate tank.
Good to hear that your line is a breeders optimum, lets hope I get lots more!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom