Dinky is here!!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, as you know, I bought a Sterba's Cory on eBay last week and yesterday it came to live here. It is now in the big tank with Winky. I know that he should have been in a q tank but that was being soaked in bleach after having been used and he is so healthy looking.

He was cool when he got here but I was amazed that the water parameters were nearly identical to mine. Just a small difference in pH so we dealt with the issue in a longer acclimation. I have a drip system and use a clothespin to fasten the bag to a bucket edge and it slowly drips into the bag from the tank and he is in a bath of warm water outside the bag which is the same tank temp as the bigger tank. He spent the better part of the afternoon there and was totally ready to go into the tank when I turned him loose.

I, of course, have baby pictures. They are not the best because he insisted on sitting in the worst part of the tank for pictures.

He and Winky have really hit it off and are romping and playing and having a good time. I do believe that Winky was lonely.

Rose

Well, HERE'S DINKY.......

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very cute.
Tom

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dinky IS cute!!! a Sterbas Cory? Never heard of one... Are they like other Corys? How big do they get or rather how small do they stay?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice Rose! I'm sure they will do great together. I have found with my Corys they don't care what kind you are if your a Cory your family
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well according to all the books I have so far and I am going to get a book that covers just Cories, the Sterba's Cory gets to 2" or 5 cm. He is about 1 1/2" already so I do not think he will grow much larger. I will say he eats like a trooper. I put a veggie round and a couple of shrimp pellets in the tank last night, not knowing how much to feed them with having two of them and knowing that they are grazers. This morning there was not a crumb in that tank. I do believe that they should be called pigs instead of Cories. Their bellies were so round that they did not even sit flat on the floor of the tank so they did not get breakfast. I believe they are going to get less per meal and a couple meals a day. Carol , are you sure they are not related to bettas ;D ?

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice cory, as far as I'm aware of they aren't related

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh Rose my corys are so spoiled everytime I go by their tank they start swimming wildly so I have to drop them a crumb or two. Mine are fat also
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Austin, I was joking about their apetites LOL. They eat like little pigs and are constantly wanting more.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool, he looks really nice. I miss having a cory but Rusty hated them so. He's getting along a lot better with the bloodfins and the snail.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Dinky is a very cute cory, Rose. I am glad that he is healthy and that him and Winky are getting along so well together.

CherryRose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
rose,

this is just an amatur, unaided, perhaps miss informed observation and pls by all means tell i'm dead wrong if I am but he looks like the speckleds that i have maybe i have some other kind lol anyway just an observation

and b4 i forget he is very cute have fun with him!!!1

~inari

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rose...congrats on the new fishy! Welcome to the forum Dinky!!! I'm thinking I might get some sterbais myself. They have some nice looking ones at my lfs. Of course I didn't think to check the price...knowing my lfs, they're probably expensive. Are you sure they only get 2 in? I thought they got more like 2 1/2 in...??
I don't think that you have Dinky with Bettas - right? - but I'd be interested to know if you think they have a personality that would get along with Bettas.

Inari...I have noticed that cories sometimes have multiple common names so it is possible you and Rose have the same thing...do you know what the scientific name of your 'speckled cories' is? Then again there are a lot of Cories that look pretty similar so they may just look similar.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
IDK what the scientific name is for them but i wish ppl would agree on one common name for well everything it gets too insane lol anyway idk it could be the same anyway i'm also curious if dinky would get alone with ur betta. btw shouldn't u get like 3 or more cories for the schooling behaviors just thought i'd mention it . Well good luck and enjoy

~Inari

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
what a cutie!! Miles ( my nickname) :-*

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom