Dimmable aquarium timer or lights to simulate sunup sundown

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by tabshire95, Aug 1, 2014.

1. t

tabshire95 Valued Member Member

I want to simulate sunup and sundown in my main tank. Is there any timed dimmers that could simulate that every dusk and dawn without me having to do It personally?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

I have a light that does that (Aquatic Life Edge), but it's a function of the actual fixture, not the timer.

3. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Valued Member Member

That has become a very popular feature of many of the nicer LED lights. These often come with remotes and other settings, like thunderstorms w/lightning effects.

4. SW5

SW5 Well Known Member Member

Current USA creates a ramp timer which does this, but I have never used it myself and might only be compatible with current USA light fixtures, and is certainly only compatible with LED fixtures.

5. OP
    OP
    t

I'm about to purchase a new light for my planted low tech tank. Should I be lookin for an LED that has these features? Whichh ones would be good for plants and have these attributes? I'm really interested in something as in depth as thunderstorms.

6. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Valued Member Member

Aqua Illuminations, Ecotech Marine, Stark LED, Current USA, Vertex Illumina are some. There are also some controllers that can make your light fixtures provide the same effect.

7. OP
    OP
    t

The USA current lights with the ramp timer look like what I'm looking for. Is the led strong enough for good plant growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. Witchydesign

Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Buildmyled is pretty good from what i hear.

9. bescher

bescher Valued Member Member

I love my marine land
    It has a built in timer which turns blue on at nine, white ( bright as heck for planted tank) at ten then at eight at night turns blue and at ten turns off all lights. Now you can change the time anyway you want but I think the preset times are good

10. OP
    OP
    t

Yeah i forgot to update on my Satellite Led fixture from Current USA. It has worked wonders for my planted tank and the timer and custom settings are convenient and have made the task of going back and forth turning it on and off non existent!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice