Dimensions Of Betta Hidding Places Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Anne79, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Anne79New MemberMember

Ok i have a weird question... A betta female sorority needs lots of hiding places. I know about the coconut hut we place on the bottom of tank... But Kamalie gave me the amazing tips of providing hiding places/caves all the way up the tank! Amazing idea!

Now, im thinking over and over ideas to make this. But first, i would need to know: what size do a betta hidings need to be!? must it be open from one side to the other ideally (the coconut hut only have one opening, a PVC pipe have 2 ) which is better...

and : what is the most needed: diameter.

I would think of nesting for example PVC pipe inside the intersections of a spider driftwood branch ... (sorry my english isnt too good... especially with only 5h sleep lol) and to make it pretty, make plants grow on it ..

thanks *^-^*

2. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Think of the size once the fish has reached maturity, it’ll be about three or four inches long. I have a four inch female betta.

I would do the length of the cave about two or three inches, and the height two inches.

3. KamaileValued MemberMember

I guess I'm just following you around...I love your questions!

I think it's best to use a variety of different types of hiding places. I've noticed that sorority members seem to prefer hiding places with an escape route in case someone barges in on them, but other than that, just make sure the fish fit and can get out of sight.

4. Anne79New MemberMember

Ok thats give me some ideas of how to make them :) thanks lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice