digital water chemistry readers?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by shrimp, Nov 27, 2012.

1. shrimp

shrimp Valued Member Member

Are there any digital devices that can measure ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, and ph of a fresh water aquariums? Also if there are, where could I get one haha. Thank you!

2. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi shrimp, welcome to Fishlore :;hi2

As an all in one unit? No, I'm not aware of any that are all in one.

Certainly, digital pH meters exist. You can also get sophisticated computer systems with probes to monitor other values.

Hannah also do a number of individual testers:   (not sure if they're available in USA)

pH monitors are quite common, and easily sourced. Petco should have them, also DF&S, marinedepot.com etc.

As for the others, once a tank is cycled, it's really only nitrates (NO3) that get checked regularly. Ammonia and Nitrites only if you have a problem.

3. 3

3aquariums Valued Member Member

They have the Hanna brand on amazon.com but are not cheap.

4. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

I know of models used in water treatment facilities, but they are >1000$ USD. Not worth it for the aquarium... But if you REALLY want one just to play with and you don't care about the price, check scientific equipment websites.

5. matsungit

matsungit Well Known Member Member

It seems like Hanna has everything you can possibly check except for nitrate. Some checkers are exclusively for seawater (like calcium).

6. OP
    OP
    shrimp

shrimp Valued Member Member

i settled with a traditional kit. Much cheaper haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice