Digital Camera suggestions please

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My dad is finally going to buy a digital camera and yesterday he asked me what features about them I liked. Basically I all knew about is beaing able to show pictures online. Are there any features you digital users like? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and hopefully I'll finally be able to show you guys my fish that you guys all have helped me keep alive.

Austin

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been very happy with both of the Sony Cybershots I have owned.

Dino

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I also have 2 Sony Cybershots, and - likewise - I do like them very much. I think Sony's Cybershot digital camera is a good investment. It should work for a long time and the quality of pictures is very good as well.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O nevermind, I talked to my dad and he doesn't want to buy a sony camera, any other brands anybody likes?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don't have experience with other digital camera brands so I don't want to give you possibly false information. You can always search and compare them on the Internet.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I too have a sony cybershot 5 megapixel and like it, except it doesn't export RAW files (uncompressed image). I've also heard alot of good things about nikon. I also have a friend that won't use anything except canon. Like fish_r_friend said it really comes down to your price range...

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You know which camera I really want? It's Canon (but cannot remember the model) and it is for professional photographers - it takes such beautiful pictures (the ones of the type that you see in magazines). I wouldn't know how to use it though, so hopefully such camera has all the instructions, lol. I believe it may cost up to a couple of thousands of dollars ... yeah, that much! :-\

With such a camera you can take close-up pictures of even the tiniest fish and plants. I've seen pictures of air bubbles on plants (i.e. pearling plants) taken with such a camera. Looks stunning.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Casio Exilim series and I will be purchasing one of those soon. But in all actuality, what you're getting depends on your price range and what you're looking for in camera features. About how much are you willing to spend? You can get cameras with 8+ megapixels for $200, if you know where to look; but there are some amazing cameras for $800..

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know his price range but couple hundreds I'm thinking nothing much more than 400$. I think he likes Nikon and not sure though but now it's on the backburner because he decided to get a new frig and is working on that first. Thanks for the comments I'll try to see what he likes tonight.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm asking for a camera for christmas but does anybody know of any good digital camera's that are under 100$ because they won't want to spend that much on a camera just for me?

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any good cameras for under $100, and I don't think it's too likely that there will be one. Ask for cash or a gift card and save up until you have enough. The Casio Exilim Z850 is the cheapest camera I've seen for a high quality (8.1 megapixels, loads of settings and features) and it costs about $260 @ newegg.com

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O nevermind my dad went and was looking for some last night but didn't find the type he wanted but my mom and I have him getting one, he just got a new washer and frig so now that he's got that out of the way he might be getting one soon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom