Different pleco species together?

ButtercuptheOranda

So I recently got a rubberlip pleco he’s still young and I noticed today he had stringy clear poop I know sometimes that could mean he’s not eating etc and I’ve never seen him eat but I just want to be safe before putting him in buttercups tank (my oranda) do I need to do 1/2 the medication for him IF I medicate or full dose I have metro and prazipro. Or should I just wait
I feed him algae wafers and spuralina and shrimp pellets also cucumber but he doesn’t like that
Parameters are good ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20ish
((I’m sorry the title doesn’t make sense))
I just realized it I was thinking about something else while writing it

DoubleDutch

Several Rubberlips are more carnivorious than info tells you, so that might cause its intestial problems.

Rubberlips are small and wildcaught, so "young" is relatively.

Noroomforshoe

He is a wild-caught fish, he doesn't know what a cucumber is. He might try eating it someday, the best thing to do is leave A vegetable overnight every once in and while. I spike mine vegie slices on a spoon handle and drop it in the tank at midnight or just before lights out.
He should have some real driftwood in the tank. you could try cobalt algae grazers or another sinking pellet. Feed him at night.
I do not recommend any pleco with goldfish, But especially not a hungry one. He is likely to discover that the slime coating on the side of the goldfish is tasty. You may notice the red marks in time to separate them, but you might not.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda
  • ButtercuptheOranda
  • Goldfish
Replies
Views
ButtercuptheOranda