Different Kind Of Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by chickenghost, Apr 24, 2017.

1. c

chickenghost Valued Member Member

Not entirely sure where this belongs, so I´m just gonna post it here.
    I live with my great grandmother, and she is really old. 3 times a day, she goes to the kitchen to eat. she seems really fascinated by the fish tank. the problem is that after she is done, she goes up to the tank and taps it like crazy. I have told her to stop multiple times, but She does not listen. What do I do?

2. VioletSS

VioletSS Valued Member Member

Sometimes it's hard to tell older folks what to do.

I would first try something like putting a funny sign on the tank. Make it silly like "Tanks for not tapping!" or "Unless you have Girl Scout cookies, no knocking, please!"

It seems obvious that tapping isn't good for the fish, but she honestly might think it's not that big of a deal.

3. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

I'm sure you've thought of this but is there anywhere else you can put the tank where she won't go? Like your bedroom or something.

I know my grandmother wouldn't listen either, so I'd just have to get it out of reach. Out of sight, out of mind.

4. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Its very possible that she may becoming senile and telling her repeatedly probably is not going to help. You could give her something else to do ( direct her attention to something else? ) maybe get one of those fake fish bowls that have animated fish in it? I don't know......

Is injury a factor ( like knocking over something or the tank? )

5. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

If she has her full facilities i would just treat her like any other adult and tell her that i told her to stop so she knows she shouldnt and to stop acting like a child.

My great great mother is 102 and i lived with her in her 90's. To this day she still hates being talked to like a child. Ive seen jer go off and swear like.a.sailor to doctors, the home care lady that comes round once a week and any one else ne.they family, friend or stranger that talks down to her.

6. OP
    OP
    c

chickenghost Valued Member Member

I don´t think I could move it because it is a 55. so I don´t think she could move it or anything. The only possible issue that it could have caused (as far as I know) is that I lost a guppy the other day, but she was kind of old, so I doubt that it was caused by the tapping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice