Different 29 gallon stocking ideas?

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm planning on eventually getting a 29 gallon tank and I'm open to any and all ideas. The only thing that I KNOW will be in there is two purple mystery snails, so plan around that. And it will be planted. GO!

Daac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NPT!!! Do a dirted tank with tons of plants. I do this to all my tanks and all of them are great. I have had incredible success with the dirted tanks- much more than with regular ones plus there is almost no maintenance and the fish love all the cover and it looks great. If you are interested I can give you a link or two on how to set up an NPT.

Ziabis

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Daac said:
NPT!!! Do a dirted tank with tons of plants.

What type of dirt do you use? What other elements do you add to your dirt? I am planning to do this but need more info. Thank you...

Daac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just potting soil and you cap it with sand or rocks. Usually 1 to 2 inches of dirt covered by 2 or more inches of sand or gravel. Other than that its pretty simple you just have to wash the dirt and sand good and then fill the tank with water and plants. Do water changes until the water is pretty clear, add plants, and after a few days of the filter running and the plants getting adjusted you can start adding fish as long as you have enough plants. I'll post my build thread for my 36 in a sec...

Here it is...

Daac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah that's good to use... I just used a cheap organic potting soil and that seems to work fine also.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom