Difference in attitude and perception - Video of thai bettas

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by lyndra, Apr 3, 2010.

1. lyndra

lyndra Valued Member Member

It's in German but it's still interesting.. the beginning is just an ad.

2. trinket

trinket Well Known Member Member

I wish it was in English, I really want to know what's being said!

All those bettas in the narrow glass bottles they walk over...that's intense, wow. Can't say I agree with that!

3. OP
    OP
    lyndra

My ex studied German at uni when we were living together -I used to help him study so I am used to it enough to have some idea what is going on.

I can't even bear the thought of putting a divider in either of my 5gal tanks.. I think they are too small as it is - but then again I only have my bettas as pets - well more like living art. I keep them in focal areas and they are the main decoration.

I derive a great deal of pleasure for them and have no desire to breed etc.. I can't say that I agree with keeping them in whisky bottles but it did highlight to me a vast difference in attitudes as to what is ok -I'm pretty sure that most people on this board would be appalled at the teeny bottles and the fact that they POURED the fish out into baskets but - they are obviously quite productive.. and it must work.. for them - but I think it would just not work anywhere else. I don't think their fish can be in appalling condition either - otherwise they wouldn't make much profit... I very much doubt they are just catering for locals and people aren't going to pay to import low quality/damaged fish. I guess having the native climate helps a lot.

BTW did anyone notice how BIG those 'puddles' are..

4. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Thats is kind of cool but its also cruel. I take german at school and during the bottle section I managed to pick up on a couple of things.
    The bettas are in the bottles for 6 months at the most.
    Twice a week they have their water changed
    They are splashed with water everyday
    There is small problem (which is the resaon they are pooring them into the big bowl and then catching them in cups, I couldn't identify the problem)

5. trinket

trinket Well Known Member Member

Watching that little bottle part, I kept looking over at my betta swimming in the 10 gallon tank. I feel bad enough cupping him for 10 minutes when it's needed, oi.

What was being squirted into the bottles? And I wonder how they feed them all?

6. OP
    OP
    lyndra

I wondered if the woman squirting the creamy looking stuff out of the red thing was feeding them... I couldn't follow that section much at all...

7. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Okay, I just re-listened to the cup bit and they are being put into those cups for transport, I'm still unable to identify the small problem :(

I think the lady squirting into the bottles is either freshwater, or some type of food, and they sometimes use the blue things to feed/water multiple bottles as it saves time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice