Diet, Lifespan, And Special Care For These Fish

clk89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well all the fish you posted will need a varied diet including pellet or flake food, plus frozen foods (brine shrimp, blood worms) fed occasionally, and some do live foods too. Please note I include the cory cat in this too, they need meaty foods and not just leftovers of others.

The inverts such as mystery snail and cherry shrimp will need their own diets. Shrimp do well on frozen brine shrimp and sinking shrimp pellets. Mystery snails I find do well on sinking pellets, as well as fresh veggis such as zucchinI and green beans. Not to mention snail jello. You will also need to make sure either your PH is hard enough or you have calcium in the tank (cuttle bone, in snail jello) for good molting and shell growth.

The pleco may need wood to chew on to help it's digestion, as well as what I wrote above.

Neon tetras are pretty sensitive and usually need a mature cycled tank.

OP
N

Noah Taylor

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FishFish221 said:
What tank size?
55 gal (this is not a thing I just wanted to get as much nfo as possible)

I knew abt the wood
clk89 said:
Well all the fish you posted will need a varied diet including pellet or flake food, plus frozen foods (brine shrimp, blood worms) fed occasionally, and some do live foods too. Please note I include the cory cat in this too, they need meaty foods and not just leftovers of others.

The inverts such as mystery snail and cherry shrimp will need their own diets. Shrimp do well on frozen brine shrimp and sinking shrimp pellets. Mystery snails I find do well on sinking pellets, as well as fresh veggis such as zucchinI and green beans. Not to mention snail jello. You will also need to make sure either your PH is hard enough or you have calcium in the tank (cuttle bone, in snail jello) for good molting and shell growth.

The pleco may need wood to chew on to help it's digestion, as well as what I wrote above.

Neon tetras are pretty sensitive and usually need a mature cycled tank.
about the wood but how can I control what the fish eat as I know most plecos are herbivorous. How can I keep them from eating meat foods?

clk89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Noah Taylor said:
I knew abt the wood

about the wood but how can I control what the fish eat as I know most plecos are herbivorous. How can I keep them from eating meat foods?
You can't completely control, if the fish takes a nibble of some other fish's food it's fine. Just make sure you are providing all the different food types that your fish need. My kuhlI loaches take nibbles out of my mystery snail's green beans, but they do also eat their own sinking pellets too. You can also put the veggis by the pleco chosen cave, or feed him at night and others during the day too.

New Threads