Did my fish not like the feng shui?

leehblanc

Friday, I decided to do a little redecorating in my tank. I didn't like the huge block of wood on the left, and I wanted to remove the "temple" thing and give the tank a more natural look. Here is a "Before" pic:

I replaced the block of wood with a piece of driftwood, moved the Java fern onto the driftwood, and added some Java Moss. I also rearranged the grasses a bit. Here is an "After" pic:

I'm (not so) patiently waiting for the Java Moss to fill in on the branches, and I might try some carpeting later.
Anyway, before the re-scape, the fish barely used the right side of the tank, and the Rasboras weren't very active. Now, the Rasboras are schooling, and everyone is using the entire tank. They are like completely different fish! Does this make sense? Any ideas why?

Blacksheep1

Well done. You’ve made your fish feel more comfortable ! And in the process widened the swimming space they are using. Peak aquarist’ism’ist that is :)

leehblanc

Well done. You’ve made your fish feel more comfortable ! And in the process widened the swimming space they are using. Peak aquarist’ism’ist that is :)
I’ve always had pets, and I’ve always spoiled them. I never imagined that I would get THIS attached and invested in my fish though. Don’t get me wrong I knew I would care for them well, but I never thought I would fuss about things like whether they like this decor or plant, and I certainly never thought I would drive an hour round trip every week to get them live food

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AJ34
Replies
Views
Fanatic
Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views