Did my fish lay eggs ???

FishGuy101

Today when I woke up I noticed white balls stuck to the front glass on my aquarium. I assumed they were sand so u took my glass magnet and went over them and they sunk too the bottom where I realized they might be eggs. So my questions are what fish in my aquarium might have laid eggs and what can I do about it. My aquarium is 40 gallons, has 2 filters (marineland bio wheel 350 and a mirineland magnum 350 canister filter), a blue painted background, a heater, white sand, 3 pieces of drift wood with different plans attached to each, and a T8 17watt flouramax light. The stock includes 1rainbow fish, 2 otto cat fish, 7 neon tetras, 1 gold nugget pleco, 1 tiger striped pleco, and a school of 3 fish I'm not sure of their names and then 3 other fish I'm not sure of their names. Thank you all for the help

KarenLM

I would suggest you go to liveaquaria, look at the pictures and try to ID your fish.

Harlebleondora

If they were eggs and were stuck on the glass then they are most likely corydoras eggs.
Do your three mystery fish have a body shape like this?
It may be a different colour or pattern but if this is what they look like then they could be your culprit.

Have a read up on this article:

Good luck!

FishGuy101

The body shape is very much like that except its fins are bright orange and its body is grey and black... If it is a cory would I need to buy more ? I understand they are schooling fish.

FishGuy101

Also I took a few pictures of the fish before I left my house this morning but I didn't get any of the "culprit" LOL

Coradee

Harlebleondora

Yes the sterbaI corydora, I have several of those in my 40 gallon.
Entertaining little fish.

FishGuy101

It looks exactly like that THANKS !!!

FishGuy101

Are they schooling fish ? Do I need to purchase more ?

Coradee

Yes they are, they do best in groups of 6+

FishGuy101

Okay c: will I have to order them I've never seen any at my lfs

FishGuy101

Also what can I do about the egg laying ?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom