Did My Dwarf Gourami Do It?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Miaw, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Where are my shrimp

Poll closed Aug 15, 2017.
  1. Gourami pureed them.

100.0%
  2. They are hiding.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Miaw

MiawValued MemberMember

I put 9 small amano shrimp into my tank with a few dwarf Gourami. I didn't feed the tank that night and this morning I can't see a single small amano and the Gourami are going to the toilet a lot.

Should I keep looking or put two and two together?

My red cherries are missing too.

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Simple answer : yes.
    And probably some are hidden.

3. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

Gourami's love shrimp....

4. jmaldo

jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

Between my 3 spot and Black skirt tetras they had a very expensive meal. Amanos have a better chance if they are larger but the cherry shrimp are to visible lost 6. I took precautions (feed and lights out before adding) Saw 1 Black skirt had a cherry half way into his mouth, tapped the glass he dropped it but still ended up being a meal. Rookie mistake.

5. OP
    OP
    Miaw

MiawValued MemberMember

I thought they'd be okay because there have been a good few cherry shrimp in there for a while and 4 large amanos.

I wonder if it triggered some kind of feeding frenzy, and the new shrimp didn't know the hiding places in the tank.

6. Lloyd Melsome-Smith

Lloyd Melsome-SmithNew MemberMember

Do they also like to eat neon tetras, we seem to have one missing. We had 10 tetras and 2 female and one male dwarf gourami

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice