did my best ..fish were not into photoshoots LOL

1. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

heres me trying to measure some of my cories...(lame attempt i know) but you can see these kids are fat, and long and these arent the biggest...I have an emerald and another albino that is just chubba's as well as much longer...so when recommending cories for small tanks, remember their potential (either that or mine are just spoiled!!)

gr.JPG <--emmie beside an adult firemouth for comparison

my guy left.JPG <---my chunky monkey on the left and one new rescue on the right...

DSC06789.JPG <--next to another adult firemouth

DSC06727.JPG <--my attempts at measuring..
    DSC06728.JPG

and i have two bigger ones but will not sit still for me!!!!!

2. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I have also noticed a significant differenct in sizes for my panda cories which are tiny in comparison to the bronze cories I have. I totally agree that some cories are much smaller than others and we should remember this when making suggestions for smaller tanks.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Turning computer upside down to look at measurements LOL
    I think my female cory is about as long, except maybe bulkier.

Great pics!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Shawnie, you actually did pretty good!

You wanna come measure the JD pair that spawned a few weeks ago?:p

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

:;laughing totally understand. i gave up on taking pics of the small fish, theyre too sneaky LOL

great pics btw!

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

hahhahaha sure bb!!!!!!! LOL

thanks everyone!!!!!! I was trying to get a good idea for others that some cories get huge!

:party0009: sorry LOL :;toast

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

This little fellow is an elder and quiet large too. Common Cory (as far as I know) Much bigger than my Cory Jullis but they are still young.

Ken
    (great shots Shawnie!)

Attached Files:

8. clownloachy Initiate Member

ha ha! ive had a heck of a time trying to measure my clown loaches, and they are the most energetic fish ever if you've ever seen them zipping around. i completely understand how you feel Shawnie!:;laughing

9. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Shawnie those are great pictures, I love cories! That emerald one is a great looking fish! My two bronze are growing nicely, but I think my panda will always be a wee fishie, I love him!:;f