Did I mess up, chili rasbora with drawf gourami

killerv

I came home with 14 chili rasboras and added to my sons tank with a single drawf gourami, that joker started hunting them from the get go, next day only 6 left. I took him out and put in another tank for time being.

Is that just a bad idea? 10gallon, heavily planted.

DoubleDutch

Adding chili Rasboras or putting the DG in another tank ?

BigManAquatics

If i was going to try it, i would have put the rasboras in first, then the gourami. They can be aggressive, which often includes territorial as well. Sometimes they are just plain mean anyways.

ProudPapa

I came home with 14 chili rasboras and added to my sons tank with a single drawf gourami, that joker started hunting them from the get go, next day only 6 left. I took him out and put in another tank for time being.

Is that just a bad idea? 10gallon, heavily planted.

It sounds like that dwarf gourami, like is often the case with them, needs to be kept alone.

DoubleDutch

It sounds like that dwarf gourami, like is often the case with them, needs to be kept alone.
Like often is the case we're putting certain fish in a wrong environment and then state that it should be kept alone caise exposing certain (natural) behaviour. Personally I think that is pretty weird and unneeded IMO.

StarGirl

Do you have a pic of the tank? There a a lot of Fishlorians that say their tank is heavily planted and we get a pic with 3 baby plants and nowhere to hide. Just want to check is all. :)

killerv

It's pretty dang full of plants, not 3 baby plants.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
LadfromLondon

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads