Did I just kill my fish?

1. Bluegillfreak Member Member

Did I just kill my fish? Update

I was sitting on my computer when my nightmare happened the stand under my 25g broke and shattered the tank fish, water, and deco went everywhere. Without thinking I just grabbed my little rainbow shark and tossed him into my 10g with those gold fish I have no acclimation or anything and quickly put some water and prime into a bucket an put my gourami and one suriving snail into that I really hope they survive :( I love my gourami and rainbow they have so much personality.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;fruI don't think you had much of a choice... you were just reacting as quickly as you could. What a nightmare. I have my 20 gln on a stand not built for an aquarium and I always worry something like that might happen!!:eek:

3. fbn Well Known Member Member

Wow! This must be horrible!

Don't beat yourself up about it. Just make sure that their water is PRISTINE!

When you feed them, you may want to put some *garlic juice on their food. Garlic helps boost their immune system.

* I make my own garlic juice instead of buying it. I mince a clove into a small cup and add a little bit of water. I then suck up a small amount of water in a dropper and apply it to the fish food that I have in my hand.

Good luck!!

4. Bluegillfreak Member Member

Now I gotta see if I can even get another tank right now if not I dont know what I'll do.

5. snapper Well Known Member Member

You can always go get a plastic storage bin and put them in that with their old filter hanging on it. I do that for QT sometimes. Works great. Walmart has them for about $9 for the 30 gallon size.

6. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

I bet you can get something on craigslist

7. Bluegillfreak Member Member

Just went to my friendly neighborhood dollar store and got a 30 gallon bin for now I'm glad I kept my old aqueon 30 filter when the tank fell it busted my three week old aquaclear into pieces.

8. Bluegillfreak Member Member

So far they are still calling a 30 gallon storage bin home but they have adapted and are doing fine still eating no signs of problems thank god. Looks like all I lost in the disaster was my awsome almost new tank, filter, and one snail :(.