Did i help my friend?

lilsoccakid

Well Known
hey guys. I got my tank cycled and added 6 neons 2 days ago, and convinced my friend to get his 20 gal going. its all set up and is adding ammonia daily. I gave him a piece of my sponge, then shook my sponge in his water, and gave him 2 pantyhos full of gravel from my established tank. do u think this will help him?

Advertisement
it will help start cycling the tank....the only way it would not help him is if you have a disease in the tank...so I think you helped

Advertisement
Sure you helped And as Codyverheyen said, hopefully no disease there transfered, lol Adding established gravel and established filter media to a new tank should definitely help. But of course, tell your friend to wait until the tank is fully cycled before getting any fish. Good Luck l

thanks! by the way I like your tank!

also, how much time do u think this will save, if I give him a some of my established gravel daily?

the 30 gallon tall that we just cycled on the back porch took close to 3 weeks even with substrata and a filter sponge from established tanks.

Advertisement
alright, thanks for your help. id love to see pics of ur 30 gal!

would it help if I gave my neighbor/friend a bag of seeded gravel every day and keep rotating it between mine and his tank, so every day he has new gravel that's seeded?

I don't know if i'd do it daily as you might throw your tank into a mini-cycle or something, but a couple times a week should let the population in your tank get built up before transferring to his tank...

well the 30 gallon still needs the old food and algae cleaned out. Just haven't gotten to it. It's not a real big priority since we won't put fish in until after our move to denver.

Guys, I am merging this thread with the same one in the "Miscellaneous" section.

my tank only took like 2weeks for me I let it cycle one week with out fish and 1 filter pad from another tank, then put 2 plecos in like after the first week then 2 days later I put in 3 african cichlids and some other tank water I had, from my last tank, and 2 filter pads and tossed the other one that was in there for a week, didnt take long.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
LisforLoach
Replies
Views
dojafish
Replies
Views
lycan143
Replies
Views
mygerbilprince

Random Great Page!

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore
Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom