Did I Go Too Far? Maybe :(

SSJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So saddened by the death of my fish, wanted to get my plant heavily planted ASAP. Besides buying plants, i entered into a RESTRICTED lake, jumped off the fence, dipped my hand in the dirty water, pulled out some weed/plants.
Though the results look memerising, have a look
64d1798d7d1c1d42d37db19a5e40cd78.jpg
c2211ad5a2d25f5245ce87261b6f9eb6.jpg
b406735419a547c31c211545b9e4a808.jpg

penguin02

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Probably... don't get in trouble for aquarium plants. That would be a dumb reason to go to jail.

The plants look great! I don't know if there's any danger in doing that, though... Hm. Did you at least rinse them off in aquarium water before plopping them in?

danhutchins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
SSJ said:
So saddened by the death of my fish, wanted to get my plant heavily planted ASAP. Besides buying plants, i entered into a RESTRICTED lake, jumped off the fence, dipped my hand in the dirty water, pulled out some weed/plants.
Though the results look memerising, have a lookView attachment 441668View attachment 441669View attachment 441670
Would say you went to far. Is the lake restricted by the town or because its someone's property? If it is restricted by the town there is a very good reason and the plants you got from it could be very bad for your aquarium.

SSJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
penguin02 said:
Probably... don't get in trouble for aquarium plants. That would be a dumb reason to go to jail.

The plants look great! I don't know if there's any danger in doing that, though... Hm. Did you at least rinse them off in aquarium water before plopping them in?
Yes u did rinse them..they were pretty muddy and dirty...did not rinse in aquarium water though

SSJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
danhutchins said:
Would say you went to far. Is the lake restricted by the town or because its someone's property? If it is restricted by the town there is a very good reason and the plants you got from it could be very bad for your aquarium.
I believe private property, they were growing veggies near the lake. But then the duck weed and other plants were too tempting

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good luck is all I can say. Rocks, okay. Plants? I'd probably not do that.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom