Did I cure the ich?

elisa001

HI guys, so a week ago all my fish (5 neon tetras and 1 betta) in a 10 gallon tank had white ich spots all over them. I didn't have any meds for them but I slowly started to bring the temp up to 86+ and I added the proper amount of aquarium salt. It has been a week and there are no more ich spots. My betta has stopped rubbing against things. Everything looks normal. Did I kill the ich with just the aquarium salt and increasing the temp?

I placed an order for ich treatment and just realized that there was an issue with my order and the day it was supposed to be delivered that it was never sent out. Should I just be on the safe side and go get some real meds? Will I harm my fish if I treat them and they are not sick? Please help me I have never treated ich before. When should I stop adding the salt and decrease the temp back down?

Deku-Cory

I recently treated Ich with the same method. At this point, I wouldn't treat with medication, since it sounds like they're improving. You'll want to keep up the heat and salt treatment for two weeks total, so another week. You have to make sure the parasites are dead, since it is only killed by the heat and salt at specific life stages.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
40 Gallon Tank Ich Cured!
Replies
Views
tapwater
Replies
Views
Jallen42
Replies
Views
StarGirl