Did Guppy And Swordtail Breed?

fletch
Ok I'll start this off. I currently have a guppy who hasnt given birth in 2 1/2 months and she has recently become pregnant. The only other male livebearer in the tank is a sword tail. Could I possibly get any strange combinations coming from this or is my guppy just fat?

0morrokh
I'd guess your guppy is pregnant by your swordtail. That's pretty cool--maybe you'll get guppies with swords!

Jason
Yeah you could as my male guppy is trying to mate with my female swordtail and ive seen pictures of guppies with swords

joe
that's tight

fletch
why is it tight, no one made them shag, they did it themselves

joe
because it is, tight is cool

Jason
fair enough

fletch
oh, so tight (toy t) rather than tight (tie t) then?

Jason
Dont try and understand it-do it like me and just say ok and move-on. Must be one of the school things, because there are always wird words going aroung and it changes so often- nobody knows what they mean they just say it

Gunnie
American slang. Tight is cool. Tight is a good thing.

fletch
British slang too, its just if you say it differently it means something different. Londoners will have a different way of saying it than someone from Bristol and it means something different. That's the reason for the phonetics

Jon
very cool I didnt know they would naturally breed with each other... hmm are u sure she is pregnant?

RoboDude
I think he'd know by now! Months and months ago he announced it!

kerryve
I know this is a really old post but I had a femal guppy in a tank by herself, about two months later she had babies - they store sperm and then when they feel like it - fertilize themselves! weird hey?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
Nobote
Top Bottom