diamond plate aluminum for aquarium

Discussion in 'Misc. Reviews' started by Sbreault, Dec 10, 2012.

1. S

Sbreault New Member Member

I am working on a new product idea and was curious about the market for it and what people think. I got bored one night and decided to trim my fish tank in diamond plate aluminum just for fun and to see how it would look. I know this type of trim isn't what everybody has in mind but is unique.

IMG_0116.JPG

So I was pretty excited afterwards and thought there might be a market for this, but of course in different styles than diamond plate aluminum. Here is what I have come up with as an idea. Feedback would be greatly appreciated, and additional style ideas as well. Sorry these are quick photo shop examples so they don't look perfect, but you should get the idea.

da1cee4c24c4233592f4.jpg

I also figured a gloss black would be good to refresh old tanks, and to change the style from a wood or brown finish to gloss black. Options are unlimited.

I am looking to create the trim starting out for 3 of the most popular sizes which I figured were the 10 gallon, 20 gallon, and 55 gallon tanks.

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Unless it's a huge coincidence and you're the person who posted, I've seen this before, and possibly the exact same picture...it seems very familiar. Did you used to have an account on here, or another website where you posted about this?

3. OP
    OP
    S

4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

Well at least I'm not crazy :p I think it would look great in a garage-man-cave type thing. They make fridges covered in diamond plate for that purpose :p

5. OP
    OP
    S

I agree, the diamond plate has a limited market. I would be more interested in selling the brushed aluminum, travertine, gloss black, and mirror finishes.

da1cee4c24c4233592f4.jpg

6. OP
    OP
    S

I think I may have found a source for a wood finish. I would love to hear what kind of finishes people might be interested in seeing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice