Dg's Head Turning Blue?

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by GlamCrab, Apr 7, 2017.

1. GlamCrab

GlamCrab Well Known Member Member

My male gourami's head seems to be turning blue.. I know dwarf gouramis change colors while in mating. But i have never seen what the 'breeding colors' are on a flame gourami. So maybe he is getting them now?

Also my female gourami seems fat. She is much larger then the male.. I would try fasting them but its impossible since they snack on my floating plants. (She is acting completly fine. She is just... Fat)

2. Vortexed

Vortexed Valued Member Member

A picture may help. It could just be him naturally gaining brighter colors.

3. OP
    OP
    GlamCrab

True.

Well here is a picture. Its really hard to see in pictures.. Its just the grey part is turning blueish. I'll get a picture of him from the top tomorrow, thats where its most noticable
    image.jpeg

4. Vortexed

Vortexed Valued Member Member

Well if he isnt showing any signs of stress of illness (Such as low activity, hanging at top of the tank, bloat, etc) then its probably just natural color. Like some humans have their hair color change a bit, or eye color.

5. OP
    OP
    GlamCrab

He is acting completly fine. He is just gaining colors, i was curious because i had heard of dg gaining mating colors (or something similar)

And here is his girl:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice