DG Tank Mates?

1. crawfishcrazy27

crawfishcrazy27 Well Known Member Member

Currently I have a Dwarf Gourami and a Vanilla Crawfish in a 10G tank and they seem to look lonely (At least the gourami). My gourami is a male and I was just wondering about some good tankmates the crayfish mostly likely will not try to kill

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

2. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

He is not lonely, I promise. In that size tank with a DG already in it, I wouldn't suggest any tankmates at all. The only other fish you could keep in there with the bioload (assuming your crawfish is a baby - if not, you will want to look into upgrading his tank size) are fish the DG would eat.

3. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

Ok thanks JuneBug! I might put some ghost shrimp in there and because of there inexpensiveness it wouldn't be a big deal if my craw ate them.

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

4. junebug

I don't know if craws eat shrimp. But the DG certainly will lol.

5. OP
    OP
    crawfishcrazy27

Haha ok I might just put them in there for snacks when they want to unleash there predator sides haha!

CrawfishCrazy27✌️

6. Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis Valued Member Member

You could probably fit a few more fish and not overdo the bioload. Just choose carefully after reading as much as possible about the fish you consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. junebug

Crawfish are extremely messy and DGs are extremely aggressive. There is not room for anything else in this tank.