DG died what to add next? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bankruptjojo, Mar 31, 2012.

1. bankruptjojo

bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

so i lost my DG and need some center piece fish. not another DG. the tank is in my sig.
    i like...
    -honey groumie if... it is true you can keep more than one without to much aggression
    -blue rams... would they hurt any of my other fish? from what iv read it be ok.

so only two choices. i might try one of my bettas if no one else has a better choice.

2. I keep fish

I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

Did you figure out why it died?

3. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Agreed. You need to know why it died, and if its contagious :)

4. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

I was adding some new Cory's to the tank and had them in a half gallon container. I stepped away for a min and she was wedged between the glass and the lil tank. He was also upside down:( thought he might make it but at the end seemed not to be able to swim using back tail very well.

All other fish are fine. Could I add one honey and two rams?

5. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

Sorry writing on phone the she was supposed to be a he.

6. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

How big is the tank? Im very sorry that he died.

7. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

8. Akari_32

You could add a few Honeys and a pair of Rams, I think.

9. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

So what's best way to introduced them? Should I add them all at once or honeys first for a couple days then rams? So two rams and.... 2 or 3 honeys? Is it best to add 1m and 2f? Or is 2 honeys 1m 1f best?

10. Akari_32

I don't think it really matters with Honey's, but I'm not sure.

I'd do like 3 Honeys, and a pair of Rams. Don't add them all at once. Wait a week or so in between, and make sure your parameters ok :)

11. mosaicguppyWell Known MemberMember

It's best if you have 2 females to 1 male, but in a tank that size, it wouldn't really matter. It's only if the tank is small that keeping multiple males together can become an issue.

12. spdrbob

spdrbobValued MemberMember

Bolivian Rams are great looking. Mine has some really neat Red and blue on him. Quite the personality as well, he is the star of the tank.

13. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

i got me two blue rams today. they are some of the sexiest fish!!! so all i have is NLS small pellets and a couple different betta pellets. or flakes. so what should i buy to feed these lil guys? and guess ill wait a couple days and go get 3 honeys. very excited the rams have been swimming all over the place. they only had two so i got both can anyone tell me the sex of both? want to make sure there is one male and one female. the lady at petsmart had on idea no surprise. iv never keep them so i just wanted a 2nd opinion but looks like one male one female to me, but i did just put them in and they look young. im sure some more color will come out. they are sticking together alot.

Attached Files:

14. Akari_32

I fed my Ram betta pellets :p NLS betta pellets, to be exact XD

Its hard to tell from the last two pics, but the one in the 1st pic is a female. Cute little pink tummy =3 The other one seems to have a pink tummy, too, but the pics are too blurry.

15. I keep fish

I think there both females, Yours have pretty good color so its alot easier to tell than what I had to work with.They will stick together and be peacful .And also Dont worry your not the only one that has 2 females lol :D

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  16. I keep fish

idk what happened it posted twice.:confused:

17. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

two girls as long as thats ok with them its ok with me. i dont want them to spawn and become aggressive anyway. although some babies would be fun to raise.

is there a way to put videos on fishlore? if not ill try to post one on youtube and post a link. i took the pics with my video camera, it doesn't take good pics but dose video very well. i have NLS so sounds good to me :)

18. I keep fish

I wanted a pair what did I end up with lol the total opposite.

If you do see aggression put more hiding places:D but you have a big tank so you should be good.

19. OP
    OP
    bankruptjojo

i added some of those cichlid stones but there to busy swimming around to notice lol. they seem very happy and stay together so far.

20. AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

They are stunning! Congratulations.

I feed my Bolivians NLS pellets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice