20 Gallon Tank Dg Bullying Guppies

Krysty

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I thought they were suppose to be quite peaceful in a community tank. Turns out my Flame DG is quite the bully and one of my guppies died, the other is in a hospital tank and is not looking good. Anyone else had a problem with their DG to this effect? Any ideas on tank mates that he might play nice with?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Krysty said:
I thought they were suppose to be quite peaceful in a community tank. Turns out my Flame DG is quite the bully and one of my guppies died, the other is in a hospital tank and is not looking good. Anyone else had a problem with their DG to this effect? Any ideas on tank mates that he might play nice with?
I had a bit of aggression with a dwarf gouramI that I used to keep. Back when I had my dwarf gourami, he would constantly harass my two female platys. Oddly enough, he would never bother with the fries.

FrostedFlakes

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah my DG is pretty nasty to my guppies as well, but it was more my guppies killing each other rather than the DG killing the guppies. Perhaps try more plant cover to break the gourami's line of sight? Assuming your tank isn't already heavily planted.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
greenmonster714 said:
I'm glad I just read that. Was considering a DG but now I think I'll pass.
Try honey gouramis! Best alternative for a dwarf gourami!

New Threads