Device to start suction?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by catss99, Jul 19, 2015.

1. catss99New MemberMember

Hello,

I have a tall, skinny aquarium with a canister filter that sits underneath. It seems that whenever I clean the filter, etc., I always lose suction and end up having to suck on the tube/get water in my mouth. My question is: Is there some sort of device that you can attach to the pipe/hose/whatever that will do the sucking for you so that you don't have to put your mouth on it?
    Thanks!
    Amanda

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

3. OP
    OP
    c

catss99New MemberMember

4. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Ok... BDpups might know, he has an Eheim canister. I've only got Fluvals so can't really help you out, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Et tuValued MemberMember

6. Jswin

JswinWell Known MemberMember

I have the same filter. Fill the return hose with water. You can dip it in the tank if need be leave return end in the tank and turn off that connector valve and hook you canister back up open all those connected valves opening the one to the return last. the full hose should start the syphon

Unless I'm cleaning the hose so jus close the off and leave them full of water and hanging in the tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice