Detroit-become Human Funny

1. Freshwater-Freshman

Freshwater-Freshman Valued Member Member

Anyone else notice the Dwarf Gourami is plopped back in the tank with a seemingly HUGE betta fish?! Lol

I was like mmmm that is ill advised, silly video game! Tank was cool tho

2. scarface

scarface Fishlore VIP Member

?

3. Willed

Willed Valued Member Member

I figured it out but agree we need more context lol

4. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Im glad someone did because i have no idea.

5. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

I have no idea either. Is it a video game?

6. Gamer

Gamer Well Known Member Member

I have the game at home but haven't started it yet, I am finishing God of War first.

Yeah Detroit Become Human is a PS4 game set in future Detroit where androids are created to serve humans. They are designed to do jobs and tasks so that humans don't have to do them. The androids are mistreated badly, and they start to develop real human emotions like us. Which is seen as a malfunction to their programming so that leads to some problems between the androids and the people...

7. scarface

I seriously thought the OP may have downed one too many drinks. He sounded like complete gibberish :D. I still don’t get the betta fish and gourami, except that they’re in the game, which sounds weird in a very random sort of way.

8. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

Sorry! It's really popular right now I thought more people would get it. And I actually might spoil a little bit of the game if I went into too much detail?? But there's a dwarf gourami put in with what I'm assuming is supposed to be a betta fish, except that it seems to be as big as the gourami if not bigger lol, it is right in the opening of the game.

Your character picks up a dwarf gourami, and puts it in this nice fancy fish tank. But then the camera pans to a betta in the tank already. It was very distracting

IMG_9634.jpg
    IMG_9635.jpg
    IMG_9636.jpg

9. Dch48

Are the fish robots too? :)

10. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

You know, I'm not sure lol. Many animals that are extinct or endangered are made into androids for zoos tho. Maybe that's how they got these fish to get along!

11. scarface

I think one of the game designers might be a aquarium hobbyist with an odd sense of humor, putting two labryinth fish together (which is commonly viewed as a no-no). And based on the natural aquarium design, he/she’s an aquascaper or has watched a lot of aquascaping videos on Youtube.

12. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

Haha I would love to hear their explanation! They put together a pretty cool aquascape

13. wodesorel

wodesorel Well Known Member Member

I take it no one played Mass Effect? Nothing like freshwater jellies. Or maybe saltwater koi? ;)

14. scarface

There actually are freshwater jellyfish. As for koi, well, I guess they just didn’t care at all.

15. Dch48

If the fish were robots, they wouldn't be Androids. Andro means man so Android means man like. I guess fish would be Piscoids. :)

16. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

The two robot canaries in the game have to be started every morning it seems, imagine having to press a button on all your fish every day to get them to move!

17. tetratetris

tetratetris Valued Member Member

I was really excited to see that in the scene, sorta weird but i love dwarf gouramis

18. OP
    OP
    Freshwater-Freshman

I wouldn't have even blinked if I wasn't in this hobby lol, but I'm glad I had the knowledge to appreciate the scene and the really beautiful fish Gouramis are