Detritus or Planaria

TeamNotnat
Please tell me these are detritus. I heard planaria are not something you want and are a horror to get rid of. Plus what is the best action to take? I have 9 tanks and this is the first time encountering these. None of my other tanks have anything like this. This is my shrimp tank.
20210422_151239.jpg

20210422_151152.jpg

20210422_151205_HDR.jpg

20210422_151140_HDR.jpg

20210422_151239.jpg

20210422_151140_HDR.jpg

richiep
You're fine they look like flat worm or similar
They are not planaria

TeamNotnat
richiep said:
You're fine they look like flat worm or similar
They are not planaria
Thank you for the quick response. Should I be doing anything about it or just leave it be?

richiep
The chances are you may be overfeeding this is normally why they start to surface, you can siphon them out on water changes they are harmless

TeamNotnat
Ok thank you. I normally only feed my shrimp every 2 to 3 days because they feed off of the substrate (it's nutrient rich planting soil for aquariums) and algae off of the plants. I'll keep an eye out for any problems but haven't seen anything wrong other than the worms. All shrimp are thriving and breeding.
richiep said:
The chances are you may be overfeeding this is normally why they start to surface, you can siphon them out on water changes they are harmless

richiep
Then don't worry if they get to much siphon them out through a stocking that way you can return your water, worms,seed shrimp,Copeapods are amongst others you'll encounter with a shrimp tank

TeamNotnat
richiep said:
Then don't worry if they get to much siphon them out through a stocking that way you can return your water, worms,seed shrimp,Copeapods are amongst others you'll encounter with a shrimp tank
Thank you

richiep
By the way
Croeso welcome to fishlore

TeamNotnat

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom