Status
Not open for further replies.

Initiate

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi guys,
I've been away heaps and I've had my friend take care of my fish tank. Before I left for two months I bought a group of Julii corys they were active but when I came back they were skittish and liked to hide like they still do. I came back home about a month ago and bought a school of rummys. They were really active but I've come home for a few days and they're really skittish and starting loosing their colour during a water change. I think that they act like this because there is rarely anyone in my room.

I was thinking of taking out all decor from my tank and setting a smaller tank up for my plants before I leave so when I get back I can rescape and have the fish active. Good idea or not?

Thanks

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’d leave the decor in. It would make the fish feel a bit safer.

If you want your fish to be less shy, I would make the fish like you by associating you to feeding.

Like instead of going to the tank once or twice a day for bigger feedings, go up to the tank multiple times a day with smaller feedings.

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah. My Betta and rams come to the top of their tanks when I get close hoping for food.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My fish will eat out of my hand, lol. My Black Ram will actually stick her face out of the water when I open the top, it’s hilarious. The color loss may be because the water being added is a different temperature or not dechlorinated. Definitely don’t take the decor out. I’d do what @75g Discus Tank said, make them strongly associate you with only good things...like food

chadcf

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My cories are very shy too. When I first got them they were fairly active and out and about but after a few weeks they started hiding most of the time. I really only see them at night when I feed if I hold still and watch for a few minutes. I don't think there's much you can really do about it, they have small brains and strong instincts and I can't really blame them from hiding from me...

Mr.C

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My pepper corie likes to hide but the emerald green cories are all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 35.7%

Top Bottom