Design My Tank!

1. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Okay, I've already reached the point where I feel like it's time for a change to rescape my 40 Gallon Breeder Community Tank. Even though I only just rescaped it like a month ago. However, instead of me doing it, I thought I'd... let you do it.

There are two things that cannot be changed - the amount of substrate (sand), since I can't afford any more at this point, and you can only use what plants that are already there. Otherwise, driftwood can be moved to another tank except for the largest piece, as this is the only tank that it will fit in. The blue car can be moved to another tank if needed, but I like it.

If you think some plants need to go to other tanks, that can be done. How this would work is you would post suggestions that you think would work, and I'll do it then post photos and if it looks good or something needs to be changed, then you can comment on that.

This is just a idea that might prove fun. Here's what you have to work with -

1-2 quite large Java Ferns
    4-5 large to medium Java Ferns
    4-5 large to medium Windelov Ferns
    6-8 stalks of Anacharis
    10 Bacopa, exact identification unknown
    4-5 Rotala Rotundifolia
    4-5ish Ludwigia Repens
    5-8 Jungle Vals
    Several Crypts
    1 Marimo Moss Ball
    6 Water Wisteria
    1 Hydrocotyle sp. japan

Current tank -

[​IMG]

Some photos that are a little bit outdated, since most have grown some, but you get the idea -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent addition - hydrocotyle sp. japan. This apparently can be pressed down to create a sort of a carpet.

[​IMG]

2. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

You could move the terracotta pots around maybe swicthing the wood out and putting a pot there

also whats your stock?

3. kel1216 Member Member

You can arrange the driftwood either on left side or right side only,
    put all the stem plants at the back give some space because someday you'll need to Trim those stem plants and replant them in the same area.
    Remove the car.
    Keep an open area opposite the drift wood.
    you can place your marimo balls on front of driftwood.
    All the other plants that doest grow tall can be planted in the center as mid-ground.
    place your hydrocotyle and make them carpet in the open surface.
    Provide good lighting and Co2.
    hope this helps :D