Dero Worm And Daphnia Co Cultures So Cal Only

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Feed your fish healthy, live food! $5 to get you started with a dero worm and daphnia co culture, So Cal only as I don't ship (our temperature swings are really extreme). Riverside, CA. I occasionally drive to LA and Orange County and may be able to meet you off a freeway ramp.

You can grow dero (microfex) worms and daphnia together in a plastic shoe box or 2-gallon container. This type of co culture does better in 6 inches or less. Just use a small pump and airline for bubbles. Feed the dero worms blanched veggies, algae wafers, and/or fish food. The daphnia eat their waste, but you can also give them a little bakers yeast dissolved in a shot glass of warm water and then mixed into a half cup of tank water.

You can also co culture daphnia and snails in a 10-gallon tank. Feed the snails, and the daphnia will eat their waste and/or give them some yeast.

I keep lights over the tanks and occasionally scrape the algae off the sides of my dero/daphnia tank with a spatula to let them eat it more easily.

You can expand to several tanks of co cultures, so that you are covered if one crashes (it happens occasionally).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom