Depressed Angel Question

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Bignail, Apr 18, 2018.

1. BignailNew MemberMember

i recently rehomed one female angel because she was beating up (crazy fighting) the other female so much. (They had previously gotten along fine according to the former owners) I gave them time to calm down and settle (well over a month) but they just never did. Now she is sad and hanging out in the back corner. She does eat (but doesn’t gobble it up like before) she has normal poo, but hardly comes out to see me or swim throughout the tank. I am so sorry I made her sad, but I thought that was better than her being killed. So, now how do I introduce a friend? She is quite large, her body is the size of my palm. What size should I get, how many? Should I get a few, let them pair up and then remove the others? I want her to be happy. Do you think it is something other than depression? I had some concerns about her breathing but that seemed to resolve itself.

2. Zentuckyfriedchicken

ZentuckyfriedchickenWell Known MemberMember

Try to get a male the same size, make sure to rescape the tank and add both angels at the same time to breakup any set territories.

3. OP
    OP
    B

BignailNew MemberMember

When I rearrange should I remove her so they are both out of that tank and then go in together at the same time? Thanks!

4. Zentuckyfriedchicken

ZentuckyfriedchickenWell Known MemberMember

Yep take both out. You don’t need to go crazy rescaping. I just rotated my driftwood 180 degrees and they treated it as a new tank. Silly fish. Glad I could help.

5. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Go for an angel that has a rather large hump to the head, it is more likely to be male, if you can just get a proven male, if not try and find one that has an obvious breeding tube if possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice