Denison barbs always hiding

Joshua G

Hi all
I have a 75 gallon tank with a blood parrot. I bought 6 denison barbs a while back and they did great. After about a week they started to become a bit shy and always hid under one of the rocks in my tank. I then went to my lfs to buy 4 more because I thought they might be less shy if they were in a bigger school. It's now about a month later and they are still shy. The only time they come out is when I put food into the tank and then they go crazy. All the water parameters are good and the blood parrot never bullies them. They seem to be a bit less shy when the lights are of but they are still shy then. The tanks also has a lot of hiding spaces and is still planted. Any advice to get them to be less shy?
Thanks in advance

WRWAquarium

Considering these fish myself.

I know they like a good flow, extra clean and highly oxygenated water.

What is your filtration and flow setup?
Temperature? Also could be worth checking your water parameters as any ammonia, nitrite or elevated nitrates could be stressing them.

MCMLXXXVII

Hmm sounds odd ive got two groups of them in 2 wildly different tanks and they love being front and center and very active. I find the rose stripe lessens when their stressed.

Joshua G

filtration is an acuaclear 110 and an acuaclear 50. water is very well oxygenated. some of them have a bright red stripe and some of them have a less bright stripe.

AlyeskaGirl

Good that they are eating. How big are they? Just make sure the parameters are good and this includes kH and gH and temp isnt too warm for them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Taritus
Replies
Views
A201
  • Question
Replies
Views
Kellyendler
Replies