Demon (now Damon) is here and needs an intro.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that Nate is doing poorly. I hope he will recover soon. Our poor little sick bettas. I wish we could just snap our fingers and make them well.

At least it seems like Damon is doing well. He sounds like such a cutie.

CherryRose ;D

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rose, how is Nate doing?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is swimming all over and eating daphnia like a little piglet and the yellow color is gone but he is still thin and his fins are badly ragged. He is going to take a LONG time to get back to normal but he feels like his old self again and comes rushing to the "feeding corner" whenever I walk into the room. The little dickens would eat 25 times a day if I fed him every time I went by his hospital tank . I think it is getting him fattened up and fins regenerated now that are the priorities. He does seem to be healthy in every other way. We are doing the clean water, no gravel or decorations, warmth, aeration, strict parameter control (usually daily 50% water changes with spring water and Vita Chem 2 drops per gallon). He had been given 2 series of Maracyn and Maracyn2 so I did not want to further medicate him if I could do it without and so far it is working. Since he is in a 2.5 gallon tank with no frills it is not that much work. He actually seems to enjoy being a bit more confined and quiet but he does move quietly around the tank a lot. No laying at the bottom or acting sick anymore.

Thank you for asking.

His tank is right next to Damon's Q tank and they spend a lot of time watching each other and I will have to say that I do not understand my male bettas. I do not have any that get all upset and grouchy when they see another male in the next tank. I am wondering if the people at Miami Aquariums put a spell on them.

Rose

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad he's doing better! Finally some good news around here!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's great to hear about Nate's progress! we look forward to hearing his progress continuing more as he gets back to normal. Aren't these Bettas amazing? I don't doubt that love, care & attention were the key to him coming back from the brink.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know this picture looks really bad but honestly he looks better and there is some of the cellophane regrowth but he has been a very sick little boy. He is going to take a long time to recover but I really believe that the really clean conditions and Vita Chem is the answer as I saw more improvement after starting this than with the medications.

Rose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
chickadee said:
I know this picture looks really bad but honestly he looks better and there is some of the cellophane regrowth but he has been a very sick little boy. He is going to take a long time to recover but I really believe that the really clean conditions and Vita Chem is the answer as I saw more improvement after starting this than with the medications.

Rose
aww.. he'd make me take him home if i saw him at the store. our aslan's working on fin rot too (he'll be done with meds tom.) and we just started the vitachem today - i hope we both see a lot of help from it.

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Rose, I am happy to hear Nate is doing better. Poor baby. He really is having a bad hair day, but who cares, we love them unconditionally. Neptune showed a frayed tail again this morning, so he is back on Maracyn + after 10 days of no meds...I might have to go the sparse tank route also. Every little step in their recovery gives me hope ....he is a neat lookiing betta just the same. Continued good luck with his recovery. Val

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom