Demanding Bunny Help

Littlewoman01
Hello everyone!
My bunny Isabell whom I've had for 8 years has always been quite demanding. She will bite (not to hurt, but to get attention. Although something's it does hurt) whenever I stop petting her or simply if she wants to be petted. To be honest this make me want to pet her less, but I then would feel awful... She does the same for treats, she almost gets to excited for her own good. She also bites when other people walk in front of her, she does not do it often with me (probably because she knows me best, she and Noah, my other bunny, are in my room.) I have found ways of avoiding it, but I can't get her to stop completely.
(She was much more aggressive than this before she was spayed. We got her spayed two years ago and now her aggression is slowly returning.)
I would love any suggestions and ideas you guys have!
Thanks!!

AJE
Littlewoman01 said:
Hello everyone!
My bunny Isabell whom I've had for 8 years has always been quite demanding. She will bite (not to hurt, but to get attention. Although something's it does hurt) whenever I stop petting her or simply if she wants to be petted. To be honest this make me want to pet her less, but I then would feel awful... She does the same for treats, she almost gets to excited for her own good. She also bites when other people walk in front of her, she does not do it often with me (probably because she knows me best, she and Noah, my other bunny, are in my room.) I have found ways of avoiding it, but I can't get her to stop completely.
(She was much more aggressive than this before she was spayed. We got her spayed two years ago and now her aggression is slowly returning.)
I would love any suggestions and ideas you guys have!
Thanks!!
Have you tried punishing her by putting her back in her cage whenever she bites?

Littlewoman01
AJE said:
Have you tried punishing her by putting her back in her cage whenever she bites?
I have but that doesn't seem to do a whole lot. She really likes her cage so it's not that much of a punishment.

AJE
Littlewoman01 said:
I have but that doesn't seem to do a whole lot. She really likes her cage so it's not that much of a punishment.
How about setting up a punishment cage with no bed and is just empty?

Littlewoman01
AJE said:
How about setting up a punishment cage with no bed and is just empty?
I could do that, but that might be a lot of work and space for a short time. Do you think like a bathroom floor for a couple of minutes would work? (She doesn't like hard floor)

AJE
Littlewoman01 said:
I could do that, but that might be a lot of work and space for a short time. Do you think like a bathroom floor for a couple of minutes would work? (She doesn't like hard floor)
Maybe, when it comes to personalities it’s trial and error

Littlewoman01
AJE said:
Maybe, when it comes to personalities it’s trial and error
Ok, I'll try that. Thank you for the help and for responding so quickly!

TheGeeko
Rabbits all have different personalities but keep in mind that she might be scared of you and might not enjoy being held. Very few bunnies enjoy it. Neither of mine do and will do everything to get out of my hands so I don't handle them anymore but just spend time sitting with them. She also might be aggressive if her cage is too small and if she's by herself she might just be lonely. These are my thoughts but I would do some research on your end!

Littlewoman01
TheGeeko said:
Rabbits all have different personalities but keep in mind that she might be scared of you and might not enjoy being held. Very few bunnies enjoy it. Neither of mine do and will do everything to get out of my hands so I don't handle them anymore but just spend time sitting with them. She also might be aggressive if her cage is too small and if she's by herself she might just be lonely. These are my thoughts but I would do some research on your end!
I can say confidently, that she is definitely now scared of me lol, I don't know if she is scared of anything actually

I know she doesn't like to be held, because she runs to her cage. But my other bunny, who is in the same xlarge dog kennel as her loves to fall asleep in my arms so yeah, very different personalities! And because they are together all the time and I'm continually giving them attention and play time, she's not lonely.

Thanks for the thoughts! Much appreciated

Latest threads

Top Bottom