Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Deleting Posts

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements/Suggestions' started by Coptapia, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Coptapia Well Known Member Member

Why can’t we delete our posts? I sometimes write a post that is redundant as soon as I post it... usually because other posts have been posted while I was writing it... so I’m left in the position of needing to say something (I can’t delete the post or leave it blank) when I’ve nothing relevant to say...

2. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Just not allowed by the OP. You can however EDIT your post and remove everything and just put a NM in the post for No Message. Then you can click REPORT and ask the mods to delete that post.

3. Coptapia Well Known Member Member

Not allowed by the OP?

4. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Sorry.... OP.... Original Poster.

5. Coptapia Well Known Member Member

Yeah I got that... so the OP decides whether replies can be deleted or not?

6. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Well, as you can see you are the OP for this thread. You decide if YOUR only posts wants to be deleted. Not others. You can do this on any of YOUR posts only.

7. Coptapia Well Known Member Member

Ok now I’m confused. I can’t find a way to delete my post, on this thread or any other...

8. Cichlidude Well Known Member Member

Like I said... YOU can't. You have to request your post to be deleted by hitting the REPORT button and telling the moderators why you want it deleted.

9. Coptapia Well Known Member Member

Ok I get it now. And you meant the OP of the post, not the OP of the thread. Thanks.

10. midna Well Known Member Member

we can't delete our posts because people have probably abused it in the past.

you can edit your post up to 24 hours after you posted it and ask a mod to delete it. it's a real bummer lol