Deformed Molly fry?

Fishfriendkeeper

I bought a dalmatian molly from a pet store that was about to give birth, sure enough, a few days later, I had Molly fry. There are four beautiful fry in my breeding box. One of them is deformed? It looks like right around it's chest it has what looks like an egg. It isn't swimming up and down and it's tail is curled. She gave birth just this morning. Don't know if this helps but ph is around 7.6 and ammonia is 0.25< (new fish made a small spike) The fry looks like it is trying to break free from whatever is on it.

Chewbacca773

I bought a dalmatian molly from a pet store that was about to give birth, sure enough, a few days later, I had Molly fry. There are four beautiful fry in my breeding box. One of them is deformed? It looks like right around it's chest it has what looks like an egg. It isn't swimming up and down and it's tail is curled. She gave birth just this morning. Don't know if this helps but ph is around 7.6 and ammonia is 0.25< (new fish made a small spike) The fry looks like it is trying to break free from whatever is on it.
Could you attach a picture? That would make it a lot easier to help you

Fishfriendkeeper

Could you attach a picture? That would make it a lot easier to help you
Ok here
Fry moved into a better angle.

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_154102657.jpg
    IMG_20210914_154102657.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210914_154504064~2.jpg
    IMG_20210914_154504064~2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 24

Noroomforshoe

Unfortunatly I cant see much in the picture, but it sounds like the egg sack of the molly is still attached, meaning that this baby is premature.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Pregnant mollys
  • Mcewenstank
  • Molly
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
BPSabelhaus
  • Question