deer antlers

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't really have any input as I'm not sure myself, but I really want to read some responses to this.

I can't think of it being an issue unless it would decompose in the tank? I'm not sure.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Theres also alot of salt in them also. Don't know how this would affect the tank.
Animals will gnaw on them in the woods for the salt as well as the calcium.
Carol

steveredlakefallsmn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i would put them with the tines facing down,then i would put plants around it,so it would give them a hiding place or some sort of shelter.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So there isn't a concern about the fish getting poked? I'm just asking so I can learn from this.
As long as the artificial antlers are positioned right the fish shouldn't get poked. That would be one thing to watch for.
Good question!
Carol

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
poking not a problem....any antlers I've seen are really not all that sharp. After rutting season they are usually worn pretty smooth....as in no deadly sharp points to a fish.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Steve, if you put these fake attention-grabbing antlers in your tank, and one evening you happen to find a male deer in your living room trying to woo your tank, could you please, please, PLEASE post about it??!??

edited to add:
basicaly among other enticements
My imagination is not this good... and I'm not sure I want it to be.

Last edited:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Steve, if you put these fake attention-grabbing antlers in your tank, and one evening you happen to find a male deer in your living room trying to woo your tank, could you please, please, PLEASE post about it??
My imagination is not this good... and I'm not sure I want it to be.
No No don't post we want pictures

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom