Question Deep tank lighting

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ponitboss said:
I have it on a 50 gallon tank with tremendous results I'll post the pic. 1st pic is first day of DIY co2 October 21.
2nd pics is October 26.
The rest of the pic were November 11 so got quite good growth
Oh wow! I'm too afraid to start with added co2 because I have 9 tanks atm. I'm scared I will have to have co2 on all my tanks once I see the difference! I don't have funds to co2 all my tanks!

But that looks excellent!

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
angelcraze said:
Oh wow! I'm too afraid to start with added co2 because I have 9 tanks atm. I'm scared I will have to have co2 on all my tanks once I see the difference! I don't have funds to co2 all my tanks!

But that looks excellent!
The cabomba grew the fastest it took of bunching off all over the place lol I'm going to trim it now an put it in the tank with beamswork

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ponitboss said:
The cabomba grew the fastest it took of bunching off all over the place lol I'm going to trim it now an put it in the tank with beamswork
I see that! My cabomba melted in my 26" deep tank, but I didn't think it would need lots of light and planted it in the shade at the back :eek:

Doesn't look like a plant that needs lots of light haha! Your plants look great!

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
angelcraze said:
I see that! My cabomba melted in my 26" deep tank, but I didn't think it would need lots of light and planted it in the shade at the back :eek:

Doesn't look like a plant that needs lots of light haha! Your plants look great!
Thx the one next to the green one melted though the brownish cabomba the first pic

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
angelcraze said:
Looked like Myriophyllum tuberculatum.
Oh ok I'm guessing it's a high light plant it melted alot so I pull it up an potted it so it would be closer to light. Oh I have a dimmer for my beamswork so if I lower the water on big tank I'll dim it down to counter algae

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
angelcraze said:
Like how long after you use dechlorinator can you add ferts? I don't think there is a reaction, but I wait 1hr after using dechlorinator to add meds, so it will be fine 1hr after.
No as in do i add liquid fertilizers same day or how many days after

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom