Decorator Crab Breeding

ItsMeBDW

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi there, this is my first post here and I have a big question for whomever may know...lol.

I have a 160 gallon FWLR setup. I ended up adding a decorator crab and liked it so much I went out and got 2 more later on. Well, the first day that I added my last crab, it mated with one of the others. Now, I have a dilemma. I have little tiny eggs stuck to the sides of my aquarium.

I don't want to destroy them, I just want to know if anyone has any idea how long they take to emerge from the eggs? I know that the majority of them will end up being eaten by my resident swimmers, but I am hoping that a few may survive so I can supply them to friends.

Unless I am searching wrong. Everything I have read about breeding these crabs says that there is no real information. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It might be helpful if you can search using the species name instead of the common name since there seems to be several that go by that common name. Use google s to search for decorator crab then see if you can find the species name for it, then use google scholar to look up breeding info.

I've not heard of too many folks breeding those.

Welcome to Fishlore too!

ItsMeBDW

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Update: Thank you for the advice. However, since I have a resourceful daughter, she did some research on my behave. I was mistaken, those weren't the crab's eggs. I apparently have a tank full of Feather Duster Worm eggs, which to give myself credit, that usually doesn't happen unless you have extremely good water conditions.

I am still awaiting the arrival of the crabs eggs....lol

Thanks,
B

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads