Decorating a tank w a telescope goldfish/safety

FrillyLily
Can I use plastic plants and decorations in a tank w a telescope goldfish, will the plants injure her eyes? Some of the ones I had are kind of stiff like, so I took them out for now until I know for sure. Also, any other tips I need to know for this fish specifically? Thanks!

Sc0rPs
Make sure anything with these guys is rounded, soft and not sharp at all. Even too rough is not good, for example I have real plants, rocks and a big deco castle which at first was fine.

Now, my Moors can get food aggressive by herding others away from a certain spot... and it can get pretty forceful especially when the other decides not happening. This can get them shooting right into an object easy.. so I pretty much had to redo many rocks by laying them pretty flat along the bottom.

Even if yours don't end up being jerks (they likely won't - just my lot for pets I think) also comes mating time when they do similar... just not as aggressive.

NevermindIgnoreMe
Soft, fabric plants are probably best as far as fake plants go if you keep telescopes. Live are my preference though. If you use anything hard, or stiff, make sure it's smooth. It's also good to make sure it can't fit in their mouths!

FrillyLily
Thank you guys, I will change out the plastic ones for cloth!

Latest threads

Top Bottom