Decor Paint

TheEssigs

Member
Hey gang...

I have a piece of decor in one of my tanks that I bought at PetCo, which is a replica rock statue type thing. Anyway, I am noticing that the paint is coming off . I am asuming that the paint is non-toxic and fish safe, but can't be completely sure.

Do you think it will harm the fish in any way? What about ingesting it? Do you think if its non-toxic the fish will just pass it thru?
 

Dino

Member
Personally, if the paint is coming off, I would remove it.
 
  • Thread Starter

TheEssigs

Member
My thoughts exactly....

I am just worried about the fish who may have consumed it...
 

Dino

Member
Unless it tasted like food, they probably just sucked it in and then spit it right back out.
Hopefully with no ill effects.
 
  • Thread Starter

TheEssigs

Member
K... x

I guess its off to the LFS tomorrow... I am going to get some real rock that I can stack instead... any suggestions? Its a community tank, so I do not want anything that will adversely alter water parameters.
 
  • Thread Starter

TheEssigs

Member
this is the tank, the decor in question is the one dead center... I want to replicate that as much as possible with the new rock.

clear.gif
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom