Decisions Decisions

Goldie&Yami

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok, so it's Miranda again. I have just received my new plant light plus some of the other things I needed to keep a planted tank. Now it's time to choose the plants...! Help with making this decision should be fun and greatly appreciated!
**Extra information I have looked into ALOT of different choices for my LowTech Tank. And I really like all Swords, Crypts, Ferns, and Ludwigia. I ALMOST made a purchase of 5 or 6 plants all mostly stem plants, before I realized maybe this is too many deep rooted plants. Will they eventually use up all the root growing space and start dying off?
***More information I need AT LEAST a few fast growers as I am already battling GSA from my on and lonely Anubias.
Thank you all and Happy Planting!

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Anacharis is usually a fast grower. You can also float it or plant it. Many say it's good at sucking up nutrients from nitrates in the water column. If planted, it benefits from root tabs as well to grow thicker.

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with Discus. Hornwart grows like a weed. Anachris Eloea is pretty and grows well. I like Water Sprite and Wisteria as well as it's taller. I have one plant in my 20 gallon that is my favorite, looks-wise, though I have no idea what it is.

Goldie&Yami

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you!! I have looked into all of those. I might just plant one for beneficial reasons. I seemed to notice that all the plants I favor are mostly stem. I was wondering how many stem plants you guys think I could plant in my 20 gallon high before floor space for rooting would be an issue?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom