Deciding What Fish For My 75

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by KrypticTanks, Apr 24, 2017.

1. KrypticTanks

KrypticTanks Valued Member Member

I have a 75 gallon tank with my rainbow shark and 10 red eye tetras. Any suggestions on new additional fish?

2. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

I love microfish tanks in large aquariums but that rainbow shark negates that idea.

Why not a few schools of tetra and rainbow fish.

3. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Are you looking for other larger fish, or more small schoolers?

I like cichlids so why not do a schoal of rainbow cichlids or bandit cichlids? Perhaps a breeding pair of sajicas? Along with some bottom dwellers like aeneus corydoras or zebra loaches. If you don't want bottom dwelling schoolers then consider a small group of hoplo catfish or 1 or 2 lace synodontis

4. l

leeexie-flowy Valued Member Member

I've heard that rainbow sharks get along with most loaches,more likely ones from his original habitat
    But beware that some sharks might be too aggressive
    I'd go with yoyo loaches but the choice is yours c:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using  

5. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

I've always been told that rainbow sharks don't get along with bottom dwellers or cichlids, I've never kept sharks so I can't say from experience. Though I've heard this multiple times

6. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

It all depends on the individual fish. I've seen plenty of tanks with sharks and cichlids together

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice