29 Gallon Tank Deciding on tank mates for gourami(s?)

saddleupjep

Me again. I am cycling my 29gal tall, with two 30gal HOB filters. I'm still figuring out what to put in it. I've settled on Banded Gourami for my "centerpiece". I don't know if I want just a male or a pair. Any thoughts? The numbers of the other fish will depend on whether I have one or two. I don't want it to be too shy.
I know I want a mix of neocaridina and amano shrimp. Maybe 10 cards and 6 amanos? I've always wanted pygmy cories. I'm thinking 8 or 10. I'm considering a bristlenose pleco but I'm not sold on that idea if it'll be too much bioload... I'm also planning on zebra danios as a dither, probably 8-10 of those as well.
I'm looking for any input on numbers of fish, order to add them to the tank, comments on behavior, anything.

AlphaFish

Your stockking ideas seem nice. I'd add the gourami last to reduce possible aggression. And did you say "mix of neocaridina"? Don't put diff species of neocaridina together because they will breed and the babies will sort of brownish.

saddleupjep

Your stockking ideas seem nice. I'd add the gourami last to reduce possible aggression. And did you say "mix of neocaridina"? Don't put diff species of neocaridina together because they will breed and the babies will sort of brownish.
Oh! I always see tanks full of a rainbow of shrimp. Does that just eventually result in brown? I've only had amanos.

AlphaFish

Pretty sure it does. I don't have shrimp, but that's what I heard in the shrimp breeding tutorials I saw.

kansas

All those neo shrimp are the same species, they have been line bred for color.

Some people mix colors because the get some interesting varieties, but they do revert to wild colors for the most part.

Pfrozen

Banded gourami are pretty rare so make sure you have a supplier first. I would just keep one and do a peaceful community

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MaximumRide14
Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views
Revan
Replies
Views