I have been boiling my water then adding dechlor treatment to it before using it. I wondered if there was some less complicated method or if I am making too big a production of all this. I do know our water here is LOADED woth chlorine because of a bacteria problem with our system. The pet store recommended using more than the usual amount of treatment medium to make sure it worked. I didn't feel real comfortable doing this so that is why I started boiling the water. Okay, so now give me some answers, folks. I really would like to know what the best course is to take. ???